Agents are strongly encouraged to maintain proper social distancing of 6 feet between buyer parties during showings and/or open houses. Capacity limits are determined by these practical considerations as well as the state’s reopening guidance. LA County is currently in the Yellow tier, meaning that no more than 50 people should be present within a property.
C.A.R. has also updated their guidance on showings and in-person open houses to help REALTORS® be compliant with the updated regulations.
The latest open house guidance from C.A.R. is as follows:
- Open Houses: Advertising open houses, without qualifiers, is allowed and appointments for open houses are no longer required.
- Social Distancing: Showings, including open houses, are somewhat relaxed under the new social gatherings guidelines but still include social distancing between members of different households while attending an open house, and are subject to capacity issues depending on the tier of the county where the house is located. Please refer to local guidelines for this information.
- Signing In: There will still be a sign-in requirement on site. The new Property Sign-In (PSI) form can be used for this purpose. However, you can still use a PEAD instead of the on-site sign-in if you prefer. See the new Quick Guide for more details.
- Forms: C.A.R. has simplified and shortened the Rules of Entry (PRE), Prevention Plan (BPPP), and the Property Sign-in (PSI) form as an alternative to PEADS. There also is an addendum to the listing agreement LOHA reflecting the changed protocols. This form is necessary if the parties had previously signed the RLA-CAA, which did not allow for open houses. New listings should also include this addendum if the listing broker wants to hold open houses.
- PEADS: The PEADS have been combined and simplified into one shorter PEAD-ALL form that is available if members prefer to use it instead of on-site sign-in protocols.
The newly revised forms PRE, BPPP, PEAD, as well as the new Property Sign-in PSI form and new Listing Addendum LOHA form will all be available on zipForm as soon as possible.
Please check with your brokerage about any brokerage-specific guidelines or policies before scheduling any open houses.